Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And now for something a little different


As I mentioned in a previous post my son's primary school is having a fete next month and I thought I'd show you these - I know they're not made of paper or stamped - but their claim to fame is that they have taken up the time when I should have been playing with all of my gorgeous new stamp sets and inks! I still have to thread all of the candy canes onto the rest - a great job while relaxing in front of the telly and having a nice glass of red!
These little characters are machine embroidered in felt - and they look very sweet hanging on the tree! If you are lucky enough to have an embroidery machine, I got the pattern for these online at http://www.emblibrary.com/ - they have some wonderful things on this site and offer video tutorials too. One of the great things about embroidering them yourself is that you can adapt the colours to suit your needs - the joy of making things yourself! Last year I made several of the polar bears and gave them purple scarves - these were presents for my daughter's synchronised skating team as their team colour is purple - the kids loved them!
I was thinking of trying to adapt the idea to paper - maybe hanging stamped tags with candy canes??? I'll try and give the idea a go soon - and will post the results if they are any good - LOL.

No comments: