Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tea Light Candles Holders



The idea for these came from a candle holder designed for Halloween. I had a workshop today and wanted to take along something new and seeing that we were making things in a Christmas theme I decided to go with the flow and create Christmas candle holders. These are really simple and yet soo effective - the link to the tutorial is below. I used Real Red Cardstock and cut the scallop using the corner punch. (Watch for the Scallop Punch release in the next mini - it will make this job a breeze!!). I also added some extra detail by punching the small holes along the scallop using the small hole punch in the Cropodile - one of my favorite tools! The Stamp sets I used were Festive Favorites and Lovely as a Tree. The tree is the small lone pine in the middle of the group of trees, I used my black marker to color it and stamp it as a solo tree. I popped on a few rhinestones for Christmas sparkle - this looks great when the candles aren't alight but they don't really show up on the lit candles - you can see the difference in the photos. I'm off now to enjoy my dinner by festive candlelight - hope you give these a go if you like candles as much as I do!

1 comment:

Ali B said...

Deb, thanks for a great workshop yesterday...I will definitely be giving these a go....they look great!