Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

KWerner Color Challenge #41

These are such strong colours this week and my card ended up nothing like I had planned! I've used the wonderful Embrace Life set and decided on some black and white embossing. I softened it up with some red glitter and half pearls. The sentiment is from the level one hostess set For a Friend. I stamped it with Versamark, embossed with black EP and then coloured the words in with my white Gel Pen. Once I added the glitter I decided to run the gel pen around the edge to make it stand out more. The rest of it is pretty self explanatory. I really like it's simple elegance - but think these colours just lend themselves to elegance.
Please note - we don't have Riding Hood Red in Australia so I have used Real Red...

21 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is fantastic...you really did a awesome job with these colors! *~*

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Debbie! I love the bling on the heart.

Mandy Schiller said...

Great take on the challenge Debbie! What a fantastic card! I love it!
Mandyxx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Ooooohhhh this is lovely, Debbie! I love the pearls...and the glitter heart. Nice!

xOx Lisa

Tracey Old said...

Great card. Love the pearls, well done with the challenge.

Mei Ann Guerrero said...

I love the pearl details on the flowers. Very elegant.

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW'za... :) I just love it! The pearls are perfect where your paper divides and yes, your flower detail is sooooo elegant!! Hugs Debbie :)

Happy Valentine's Day.. :)

Jean McKenzie said...

Wow Debbie, your card is gorgeous - such striking colours - I love how you used them. The pearls make for an elegant finishing touch!

Claire Harrison said...

gorgeous card, very elegant. Love the sketch and the half pearls.

Debbie M said...

Hi Debbie

Your card is so beautiful!

Debbie M

Jenny said...

this is gorgeous!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Lovely card Debbie. You've worked the colours so we. GREAT JOB!!!

Sarah
xx

Alison Engesser said...

What a lovely card. Very nice but still has a masculine appeal. Well done.

Anonymous said...

You're so clever and you have done a great job!! (Not much left to say when your'e #14!!!)

Sue said...

Wow! fantastic work on this card, love it all!

Christine Henderson said...

Another Debbie masterpiece...love it!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Fantastic card Debbie - just love what you've done with the colours and the way you've used the pearls to break up the border. So different - you have such wonderful ideas! Another stunning card!

Liam said...

wow always amazing work. love the bling.

liam

Sylvia said...

Your card is really lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for visiting my blog - WOW! your card is gorgeous! I'm so glad I got to use these colours - I think they're great together, don't you!

Leigh said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning Debbie.