Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #5 - Easter


This week's MDUC challenge really was a bit of a challenge for me as I didn't have ANY Easter stamps - let alone Magnolia Easter stamps!!!! Kellie had kindly offered to stamp an image off for me of Bunny Tilda - who is REALLY Cute BTW - but I decided that some of our challenge entrants may be in a similar situation to me and I wanted to prove it CAN be done!!! This is what I came up with...

The fence is made from Old Olive CS which had been scalloped and run through my crimper before being sponged and having "rails" added. The Easter Eggs are cut using my oval Nesties - so they aren't true egg shapes - but they do the job!! The 2 plain eggs got the Cuttlebug treatment, something that has been missing from my last few cards - just to prove I'm NOT addicted - LOL. I popped everything on a Soft Sky background that I had rollered using my Speckled wheel - the whole effect reminded me of sparrow eggs we used to find in nests as kids - on a "look but no touch" basis of course.

The faux brads on the photo corners were made from cutting circles of DP and layering them with Crystal Effects. And here's my BIG confession - I didn't even have an Easter sentiment stamp so this one was cut out of my old catalogue - the one that was already falling apart and had been replaced months ago!!!

Anyway - hopefully this will give you some inspiration for this week's Easter challenge at MDUC, even if you don't own any Easter stamps!!

8 comments:

nessy said...

gorgeous card ~and just perfect for easter!!
vanessa xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Necessity is the Mother of Invention and you've certainly proved it with your great ideas for this card Debbie!

Love the treatment you've given to these eggs and Tilda looks cute sitting on your 'improvised' fence - Great job putting all the elements together.

(Now, I have to get 'cracking' on my Easter Egg card - no pun intended. LOL

Thanks for your lovely comments on my recent cards too.
Ramona xx

Cheryl said...

Love it,the eggs are fabulous!!! I don't own an Easter Tilda either, but as you said it can be done,I am working on mine now.
xx

Mandy Schiller said...

I am still waiting for tilda to arrive, I am hoping very soon. Great card Debbie! Lots of thought and improvisation put into this one.

Mandyxx

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Debbie, I love the crimped card at the bottom and the eggs. have a good day

Stamp and Smile said...

You did a great job Debbie with the limited supplies or their lack of! The eggs look perfect with the oval Nesties, and your fence is so real with the crimping to give the texture of fencing! Also your “going green” with punching out a sentiment from an old catty! I LOVE IT! I admire you; when a girl needs something, she will take “desperate measures” to get it... Smiles!! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Very clever Debbie! I love the fence effect, and I would never have guessed about the eggs. The embossing is the perfect touch! You really pulled out all the stops on this one. Way to go!

xOx
Lisa

Norma said...

Stunning card, Debbie. Wow, I love how you do the fence. It really does look like a fence. Very creative. And yes, same boat here with no Easter Tilda.
xxx
Norma