Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

I'M HOME!!!


Hi Everyone - I'm home after a wonderful 2 weeks in The US of A! I didn't have much time to spend on the internet but I did manage to check up on my emails from time to time and make sure my scheduled posts popped up - now to catch up on everything else - LOL. What makes it even harder is that by flying from LA to Melbourne I manage to lose all of my Saturday - 23 hours of travel plus crossing the international date line - my poor body clock is a little messed up!

But it was sooooo good to get home Sunday morning and see my kids again - this is the longest I've ever been away from them and many cuddles were shared as I tried to stay awake during the day - LOL. They seem to have grown up sooo much - they were looking after themsleves while I was away and my 12yo was telling me he was making himself some AWESOME lunches. My 18yo now knows how to use the washer and has tried some new meal ideas out which they both liked - think I may just have to let them KEEP some of their newly found skills - hahahahaha.

I don't have too many photos to share - I didn't take many! My time was spent craft shopping - gotta LOVE that - LOL, meeting some of my blogging friends (more on that later) and catching up with friends I haven't seen since we moved home to Australia after living in Virginia 18 years ago. During my shopping I found some fun new crafting tools which I am itching to play with - although with Halloween and Fall in full swing I was a little disappointed there wasn't a lot of Christmas stock out yet. I'll be back soon with some eye candy for you - but it's school holidays here now so I plan to catch up with my 2 kids a bit too... One day soon I'll get back on top of everything - but first there's that mound of washing awaiting me in the laundry - LOL.

xXx

21 comments:

Carol said...

Welcome back Sweetie! Glad to hear you had an awesome time and missed your gorgeous creations. Enjoy your time with your children again. Lotsa luv xxxx

Unknown said...

WELCOME HOME Debbie!!! OMGOSH I missed you too!! So glad you had a fantastic time away and YAY for lots of new crafty goodies, can't wait to see. The Laundry is properly the worst part about travelling - yuck... but once its done its DONE. Hope you get over your lag soon, drink plenty of water, take a few panadol and it should be gone within a couple of days. Rest up though, otherwise it will DRAG on... heheeh Glad to have you back:-)
Hugs & Cuddles
Karen
xxxxx

sallysbitz2 said...

Welcome back xx
Glad to hear you had a fab 2 weeks away, blimy you sure did do some travelling!
Hope you get over your jet lag soon!!
Bet you really missed your kids, it's nice to go away but there is no place like home xx

Annette Bowes said...

Welcome home Debbie, so glad you have had a fantastic time, hope you get over your jet lag soon. Looks like you may have to try some of Toby's wonderful lunches too! So looking forward to seeing your creations with your new goodies. Take CareX:)

Kylie said...

Hi Debbie!!! I missed you as well!! So glad to have you back! Can't wait to see what you bought, lol. Glad you had a great time,
Big hugs
Kylie

Kellie said...

YAY welcome home Debbie, so glad to hear you had a fabulous time, you sure were missed, well I know I sure did ;) Can't wait to see the little photos you did take lol and hear all about it!
HUgs x

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my fav Debbie is home!!! Im so glad you have you back, and cant wait to catch up and hear about your holiday and the people you met fun fun!
Luv ya
Kristy xx

Anonymous said...

hi Debbie, I hope you enjoyed the US and had a fun experience when Earl came up the east coast....kind of a fizzle but now you know what kind of hooplah we make out of an approaching hurricane LOL!!! It's good to have you back blogging. Hugs~Donna

Alison said...

Welcome Home.
I'm sure your kids are so glad you are home (but getting them do a little cooking and laundry every now and then while your home, is still good experience for them - its amazing what they can do when they have to). It was so strange seeing your posts but knowing you were far, far away. You must have been so busy getting them all ready before you went. We must catch up soon, but maybe when life settles back down to normal for you.
xox

Tracy said...

How long were you gone before your kids became independent?
I think a trip to Australia sounds fun and coming back to kids doing laundry and cooking sounds even better :)

Sue said...

Welcome back! Enjoy your kids. Can't wait to see what you bought.

Hugs
Sue

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Debs,
So good to have you back...I'd got used to ringing you up for a natter...though maybr for you it was a relief LOL.
Your kids are wonderful BTW...
Luvya heaps, Sharon

Debbie Dolphin said...

welcome home. i did wonder where you were!!!lol
Im so glad to be part of your mduc team
love debbie xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooooh! You will have to take a photo of all the craft goodies that you bought and share them with us! Can't wait to see what you have in store in the coming weeks! So glad you had a lovely time ... and glad the kiddly-winks managed to look after them self so well. Hugs Andrea xxx

Andrea C said...

sounds like you had a blast and your kids did just fine, great to have you back blogging x

Cheryl said...

Welcome home,sounds like you had an awesome time catching up with your friends!!! Hmmmmm the shopping was an added bonus......oh I would love to shop for crafting goodies in the US!!
xx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

Well hello stranger lol! YOU MEAN YOU WERE HERE IN THE U.S AAAAAAAAAA and you didn't visit me HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your kidding right!!!! GRRRRR! I'm glad you made it safe home.OHHHH YOU WOULD OF LOVED Chicago he he he,RubyM:)

P.S
I'm sure the kids are happy to see mommy home

Marlene said...

Welcome back! Missed you!!! I just got back from my vacation, too. I didn't know you used to live in Virginia! I was in Virginia Beach for my vacation! LOL!

Leigh said...

Woo Hoo,glad you had a wonderful time Debbie. Looking forward to seeing all the new toys.

Karen said...

WELCOME HOME DEBBIE!!!

I've been having probs leaving comments on your blog again so I thought I'd try my luck this time and see if it works! lol

So glad you had a ball in the US - its DEFINITELY the place to do that craft shoppin'! lol

Karen
x

Lynda said...

Welcome home oh weary traveller. I echo the sentiments of all before me in saying we missed you...but enjoyed the scheduled posts...I even started bloging again in ur absence!! Please show us a pic of ur new toys...so we can live vicariously thru your purchases....LOL. Perhaps you may have some new found elves in the house to aid you with the Empire State-like pile of washing that u have to do!! Glad to have you home chook. ooxx