Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Aubery!

Now I'm not too sure Aubery Bumblethorpe from Just INKlined is really enjoying his birthday too much - he seems to have a bit of a headache!!! Is it the family's singing of the birthday song, too many candles or just the attention he usually avoids - LOL??? But he's such a loveable rogue isn't he! You can get Aubery HERE.

This is such a great image for an older man's birthday - and you really can have a bit of fun with sentiments - although some of the ones my family and friends suggested would make the poor old guy blush - LOL. The one thing I find hard with men's cards is the embellishment - I LOVE heaping on flowers but I think that really WOULD upset Aubery! I hope he doesn't mind the few rhinestones I added - they ARE black!!!!

I used K&Company DP, a computer generated sentiment and my spellbinders frame die. I've used crystall effects to add "lenses" to his glasses.

xXx

11 comments:

Christina said...

A beautiful card Debbie! Love the colouring of the candlelight!
Hugs Kristel

Anonymous said...

this card and story made me chuckle Debbie! Have a great day!

Donna

Leonie said...

Clever, clever! Love the image!

Merry said...

What a fantastic fun card....terrific image which as normal you have coloured beautifully.

Jackie Thomas said...

These stamps are just so funny. Love what you've done with him. Fab card. Hugs Jackie

Leigh said...

Love the sentiment Debbie. rofl Fantastic card.

Marlene said...

Oh my word, this image cracks me up! Love what you did with this...gorgeous card!

Melodie said...

Such a fun card, the image is soooo cool.
Hugs
Melodie

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I love seeing all these gorgeous Santa images. Makes me realise that Christmas is coming soon! Hugs xxaxx

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

He looks a bit like Santa LOL...maybe it was the singing of the birthday song or the blowing out of the candles :D
Luvya

Eulanda said...

I saw this a few weeks ago and literally BOL! Love the image, like how you set up the frame sideways and his spectacles look great!