Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Harry Potter Comes to Spesch Stamps

When I was a member of the Spesch Designer Stamps DT there was some friendly rivalry between the Twilight and Harry Potter fans. I'm definately on the side of the HP fans having read all the books and I'm currently re-living ALL the previous movies on DVD prior to seeing the latest instalment when it's released in Australia this Thursday - and YUP - I already have my tickets booked - LOL.

So when Tracey from Spesch Stamps emailed me asking if I'd like to be her GDT for her Harry Potter release how could I say no?!?!?!

Here I've merged all three main characters into one scene - there is also a stamp with the group already together! These guys have their wands at the ready - and if you look closely you can see there are sparks (glitter) starting to fly at their tips - they must sense trouble ahead - or is it just Draco Malfoy?!?!?! I used my Tim Holtz brick wall die and some chalk inks to create the wall entrance to Diagon Alley. And to show what a true HP tragic I really am - I used the HP alphabet stickers I already had in my stash - LOL.

The spider was cut using my craft robo and glittered up.

xXx

20 comments:

Sammi said...

Love it Debbie! I love Twilight and Harry Potter... I just love fantasy I suppose hehe! This card is AWESOME! Brilliant colouring and owever I'm with Rod and not too keen on that spider.. so I imagine those wands are to shrink it REALLY small! hehe!
Gorgeous work!
Sammi
xxx

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh Debbie - this is awesome. I too, am a huge HP fan and have been re-watching, for the millionth time, all the movies this weekend - so much fun. These are wonderful stamps and love how you used them on this card. Enjoy the show - can't wait to see it myself.

Janet

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh you are so so so tragic. LOL. It was only fitting that you be a GDT when you were wanting these stamps so much when you were on the team. You have done an amazing job with these stamps and there is actually also a baddies stamp. I didn't send to you though (sorry). Love the brick and the glitter at the end of the wands is a fabulous idea.
mwah
Trace

Jana Weaver said...

this is fabulous!!! I'm also a huge HP fan and am re-watching the movies in prep for seeing the latest (I have to wait until Saturday!) I also re-read all the books earlier this fall!! Very cool card!!!

Cheryl said...

WOW this is spectacular Debbie,love everything about this card!!! I so wished these were available when I did my Harry Potter card back in July!!
xx

Renkata said...

Wow Debbie, I am so happy to see this amazing Trio together on your card. Beautifly coloured . Just magical!

Melodie said...

A wonderful card on this subject.
Hugs
Melodie

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous Debbie, love the HP trio.
luv
Debby

Leigh said...

Debbie, what a fabulous card made using those stamps. Love the brickwork and that spider.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a super card, Debbie! Tells the story perfectly. I can understand why you couldn't pass up this DT opp! Enjoy the excuse to play with some favourite stamps! Hugs xxaxx

Annette Bowes said...

Fantastic Debbie! So many scenes going through my head with this wonderful creation! Your colouring is just amazing!! Gotta show this one to R and M! Can't wait to see the movie! So glad they spilt into two, take careX:)

Christina said...

A really stunning card Debbie!!
Hugs Kristel

nessy said...

gosh what fab stamps ~look so like the characters ~ amazing card ~love it!!
vanessa xx

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh wow Debbie, this is outstanding. Everything works perfectly together and your colouring is amazing. Hugs Jackie

Sue said...

What a great job you did with these images. Love the scene you created. My Grandaughter whose 12 is a HP Fanatic!! I bought the digi's, will make great cards for her! WOW, I just love your coloring!

Hugs
Sue

Marlene said...

Wow - these are pretty amazing!!! I'm not a big Harry Potter fan (don't throw a rubber chicken at me!)...but I know someone who is, and she would LOVE something like this!

Angela said...

OHMYGOSH!! This is AWESOME Debbie. I love how you used all 3 images then created a great scene for them!! Love this Debbie and those images are perfect for any Harry Potter fan!!
Hugs:)
Angela

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW Debbie! This is FABULOUS! Love how you've merged the 3 of them and the papers you used are perfect. I'm amazed at the likenesses! xxD

Debbie Dolphin said...

oh wow fab card and soo like them.Its perfect. My sophie went to see it yesterday and said it was good. Funny though she wouldnt go see the others!! I cant wait
love debbie xxx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Fantastic! I wonder if Betty knows about this...