Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Special Stamp Release

Hi everyone - I firstly want to apologise for being MIA from blogland at the moment. I am currently on a family holiday in gorgeous New Zealand. I've been hoping to post some photos along the way but the internet connectivity I have is very limited - I can't even upload photos without it timing out!

I have been asked to pass on this special release announcement to you from my friend Betty over at Simply Betty Stamps! I'll let her tell you the story of this cute stamp as I have my daughter nagging me for the netbook while we still have time left.....

I'll be back when I can...hopefully our next stop will offer better internet access - until then - take care

xXx


Betty's Story - in her own words....

Hello everyone! I am hoping to reach many of you on this special post.

My daughter Rio is turning 13! OMG another teen in the house! Two teens+one toddler= disasterous fun... on most days! LOL

Okay okay, so let me tell you about the Special Image for my Special girl Rio with a Special Birthday request we got from her this year...

Every year I ask the kids what they want for their birthday. Money, a trip, a party, or an overnight stay at Disneyland.... Rio came to me and said, "Mom, is it really really my choice what I get for my birthday?" I told her of course! So she says, "Ok, this year mom, I want money, but can I do anything at all with it? I mean anything I want mom?" Again, I said of course. "Okay, I want my birthday money to be donated to the children of St. Jude's hospital so they can have a special day, or whatever the money is needed for. I don't want to have money to just blow when I can help other kids that can't get out of bed, or go outside. That's what I want for my birthday!"

Of course I was already choking on my tears before she finished her sentence! What a marvelous request, selfless and special! I had a special image made for her 13th birthday, and I have not told her about it, or shown it to her. I am asking for a very special request myself in honor of my daughter's selflessness.

The image is now available for $3.00, I am asking you all to purchase this special stamp and help me bring my daughter special birthday wishes by mailing off a card you make with the image to her... but wait that's not all... the $3.00 made from every purchase will be donated to St. Jude's, again in Rio's honor. I am planning on taking her after her birthday to the hospital with the money we raise from this image and her birthday money as requested and giving it all to the hospital!

Her birthday is Feb. 8th, if you all could find it in your hearts to give my little girl that special card my mailing it to her I know it would make her day so special... she is always so grateful of the little things and my hope is to fill that mailbox of ours to the brim with Birthday cards! I plan to gather all cards mailed to her from now until the 8th, and secretly putting them all in the mailbox along with her very favorite chocolates: York Peppermint Patties and Peanut Butter cups! That evening after her birthday dinner I am going to ask her to walk down the street with me to the cluster boxes and have her open the mailbox (I am going to pretend I have not checked the mail all day of course) then BAM! they all pop out at her! Whoohooo! She will be thrilled once she realizes what exactly all those letters are.

Here is our mailing address:

PO BOX 132314
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

So, would you all be willing to help Rio raise a little money for the kids and send off a card? If so you can purchase the image at simplybettystamps.com under Rio the Birthday Girl digi! She is the first (but limited edition) of six new Emos to come in the future!

Here is the image: what do you think of it? Pretty cute huh? She's the special birthday diva turing 13!! I will run this image for $3.00 until the 8th of Feb. after that she will be gone for good. So please be aware that she will be a very limited edition digi! She may later make a debut in rubber but I am not making any promises, I will try my best if there is enough interest in her to be made into Rubber. Thank you all for your support! And please please please spread the word about this special fund raiser. Thank you all again!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Debbie I hope you are enjoying your holiday......you lucky lady!!! I have already purchased this digi and will be making a card tonight!!
xx

Whimcees said...

Hello Debbie!

This is a great idea of your daughter's, bless her heart! I did order the stamp but it is in PNG form and I do not know how to convert it to JPG so I will not be able to create a card. But I hope that you are successful in your fund raiser as St. Jude's is a wonderful place!

Wishing you a great week! I hope that the birthday girl has a lovely day! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Annette Bowes said...

Hope you are having a fantastic holiday Debbie! Take careX:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! I love the story of that little Rio what a nice family. I hope you are enjoying your summer the snow here is officially over my head. It has been one of those awesome winters that only come maybe 6 times in a lifetime. Even though I hate winter it is pretty exciting to feel like we are all in cocoons with the snow mountains all around. My grandchildren have no clue this is not normal LOL!!! Well, just popping in to say hello. Happy Aussie Day (even if late)
~Donna