Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Make It Colourful


This week over at Make It Colourful Challenges you are being asked to Reflect Colour. I've reflected the golden glow of the treasure onto Syren the Mermaid's hair and skin. Don't ya think it adds to the richness of finding a pirate's treasure me hearties - LOL.

Our sponsor this week is Whimsy Stamps and I've used their Ocean Floor Background stamp by Meljen and merged it with Make it Crafty's Syren of Pearls image. The "seaweed" is created using Make it Crafty lasercuts - these ones are called round leaves and you can find them HERE

Now to tell you a tale of (almost) disaster - LOL. I tried to use my liquid pearls to create a pearl necklace on the ocean floor - but alas my pearls "bled" together to form a big glob - next time I'll form alternate pearls and let dry before filling in the gaps! When I attempted to "wipe off" the pearls they left a pearly smear which looked awful - nooooooooo!!! In an attempt to salvage my project I "globbed" liquid pearls all over the sandy ocean floor - and I'm REALLY happy with the result. The texture and sheen remind me of sunlight reflecting through the waves and onto the sand - they add a fun "watery" element.

Now I'm not exactly sure if this was the sort of colour reflection Zoe was after so check on over at the Make It Colourful blog HERE to see what the rest of the DT have done.

xXx

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card Debbie and I love that fabulous technique that you have perfected of 'globbing' - very impressive. Hugs Jenny B x

Maria said...

Gorgeous Debbie! Love her hair and that sand is fantastic! Hugs, Maria

Lynda said...

Woo hoo I got here...and I am leaving a comment....please try not to fall over!!! As soon as I saw this mermaid...I was reminded of the Japanese cartoons. It is awesome. Sorry to hear abt your "liquid pearl" incident. The naughty side of my mind...well....join the dots, but this is a stunner of a card sweetie...I love it to bits. ooxx MWAH

CraftyC said...

Oh Debbie, what a gorgeous card. You are so talented
Clairex

Sande said...

Oh, WOW Debbie! This card is fantastic! What an adorable sweet image colored so beautifully!

Hugs, Sande xxx

Jackie Thomas said...

Gorgeous Debbie.
Hugs xo

Juls said...

wow this is fab!!! your colouring is amazing!!! Hugs Juls

Tinchen said...

Sehr schöne Karte,tolle Farbwahl,einfach perfekt.



LG bTinchen

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

The light you added from the glowing treasure is gorgeous. Love how this technique turned out.

Your Liquid Pearl disaster turned good looks gorgeous. I was wondering how you did that, kewl new trick.