Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Make It Colourful - Colouring Dark Skin


This week at Make it Colourful we are experimenting with darker skin tones. Our fabulous sponsor is Crissy and I've used her cute "nose to nose" image and popped her into a little loungeroom scene using images from Make it Crafty. I chose this Basic Grey DP because it reminded me a little of my Grandma's wallpaper. Since it's Winter in my part of the world the roaring fire is something I'd love to be standing in front of right about now - LOL. The sentiment was computer generated and based on a poem I found.

For my skintones I've laid a base colour of G20 - yup a GREEN - something the MiC DT have been playing with recently! It seems to add a lovely warmth to the skintones. I folllowed up with E31, E34 and E35. The blush is R20 and I added a white gel pen "smudge" shine to her cheek.

Crissy's Digi - Nose to Nose
MiC Digis -Hearth and Home and Comfy Chair
MiC Lasercut - Filigree jewels

xXx

10 comments:

heidy said...

Gorgeous Debbie,your coloring is so beautiful!
Hugs Heidy

Jopie said...

very beautiful and the colouring is so perfect.
hugs jopie

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG Debbie this is a work of art!! its absolutly gorgeous and coloured so perfectly!
Luv ya
Kristy xoxo

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous scene. Your coloring is amazing!

Lenie Hempen said...

Hoi Debbie

Wat een prachtig,mooi kaartje.
Heel leuk bewerkt.
Heel lief van kleur.
Super mooi gemaakt.
Verder een heel fijn weekend.


Gr Leny Hempen

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! I love how you colored the little girl.

Jen

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

I can't believe you started with green. I would never have guessed that. This little scene is adorable. I love the sentiment too. Amazing colouring of course.

Lynda said...

Wowsers....who'd a thunk that starting green wld make black, or at least browns...unless u count locorice I guess. I love the warmth of this card Debbie. So well done. ooxx

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is beautiful and I love the scene you created! Your coloring is gorgeous! *Hugs

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is just a stunning creation Debbie. Your colouring is superb. The sketch layout design is so interesting and keeps the eye moving throughout. The other images you paired it with look great with her! Love your choice of colours too and the fire is really well done. Thanks for sending me the link! I apologize for taking a dog's age or two to get here! Oh and I love how you made the puppy look like a beige spaniel! My favourite!! hugs!