Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Special Thank You


Today is the Debutante ball for Y11 girls at my son's school and I have spent the last 10 weeks watching the 35 young couples learn some amazing dances to perform on the night. My daughter did her Deb 3 years ago and I hadn't realised how much the dedicated volunteer parents did behind the scenes - and I'm soo proud to be one myself this year! I wanted to make a card for the girls to sign for the parent who has been organising these Balls for the past 11 years and I found this gorgeous image from Saturated Canary HERE - yes it IS a wedding image but it sooo suits this purpose too. There has been lots of clear spica pen used over the image - it's a shame the delicate sparkle doesn't show up here.

I'm hoping my son will get asked to be a partner when his turn comes in 4 years time - I'd love to see HIM dressed up in tails and waltzing around the floor - LOL.

Copics used - E43, E42, E41, E40, E11, E00, E000, R20, R11, R00, R000, RV66, RV63, RV000, C00, B05, G21

xXx

12 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Debbie this is stunning. What an awesome card. I love the image. I was very tempted to buy this one myself too.
mwah
Trace

Sue said...

Hi Deb, what a beautiful image and you have colored and embellished it beautifully too. A perfect card for the occasion.

Hugs
Sue

Melodie said...

Wow, fabolous card with wonderful colours.
Hugs
Melodie

paola said...

Beautiful Deb, love the soft muted tones that you have used and i sure love thos roses,i have the die and not used it yet i may have to after seeing this, just stunning!
smiles
Paola

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Debbie
what a lovely gesture and such a stunning creation I am sure it will be treasured by them, love the flowers
Hugs Kate xx

vicmbee said...

gorgeous card.. love the image and your beautiful colouring..

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, really lovely colouring and image, just right for the occassion.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lenie Hempen said...

Hoi Debbie

Wat is het weer prachtig.
Mooi van kleur.
Echt schitterend lief en mooi gemaakt.
Een heel fijn weekend.


Gr Leny Hempen

Isa said...

What a beautiful card !! I love the picture and flowers !!

Alice said...

she is gorgeous. beautiful soft colors and coloring, Debbie!

Fran said...

Oh wow Debbie, she is stunning and perfect for a deb card, it is sooo lovely!
I still remember doing my deb, I was so nervous about falling down the stairs (why they thought making us walk down stairs was a clever idea I will never know, bahahah) and i was freaking out a little bit before hand but once we got started it was all good :) Ahhh, memories!!

Anonymous said...

She's stunning! Very pretty card
hugs Julie P