Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #157


This week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges we are making or altering BOXES. I decided it was time to create something with a more masculine feel to it so I cut out this treasure chest with my cameo and decorated it. Of course it is filled with gold (and chocolate) so I'm sure any pirates I have around will enjoy it - even though Pirate Edwin is on guard with his sword unsheathed - LOL.

I added some chipboard elements from Scrapmatts  which are not only decorative but practical too - the ship wheel helps to hold the chest closed. I've used my copper gelly roll pen from Scrapmatts to colour the chipboard - it gives it a fabulous rich glow when the light hits it. The "bubbles" are buttons I found at the recent craft show I went too.

And so me hearty's - don't forget to sail on over to the Magnolia Down Under Blog to see what the rest of my shipmates have created to inspire you this week.

Copics used - Skintones {E11, E00, E000, R11} plus 100, W7, W3, W1, Y28, Y26, Y23, Y08, R59, R39, R17, E29, E25, E23, YG61



8 comments:

Kylie said...

This is too adorable! Love Edwin guarding the chest of gold (chocolate!). I'm sure he's not that tough and will share it around :)

Hugs, Charlie xo

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is fantastic, Debbie! Love it when you create a scene! Hugs xxx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Debbie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

WOW!! Debs this is AWESOME! Ooooh I want a little chest now! What a fabby project..I just love all of the details! Great work! :D

Louise said...

OMG HUNNI!!
I ADORE this little treasure chest! Amazing idea :) Beautiful inking and so many gorgeous details and those candy coins are to cute!
AWESOME!

Big hugs!

Lynda said...

I love this Debbie. Cute-to-boot...and of course...the most sort after bounty of all...chocolate. Love the small details...as always, they make your projects even more special. Just brilliant. ooxx

Jane said...

This is gorgeous hunni! I love the bubbles - they look so life like and I'm definitely loving the contents lol! hugs, Jane xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful creation Debbie how fabulous is this !! well done Hugs Elaine