Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mo's Retriever Puppy


When I saw that Mo Manning had drawn a Retriever Puppy I knew I had to colour him up. Both my mum and sister have had retrievers and I have some fond memories of them. I remember when we were living in Singapore and came home for Christmas - we stayed at my mums and my kids LOVED her 2 dogs. But one night my then 3yo son got up in the night to come to find us - but instead got 2 wet noses checking HIM out and making sure he was OK. Poor Toby got such a fright and let out the BIGGEST scream - waking the whole house up and scaring the dogs witless - LOL.

Retrievers are such gentle and sweet dogs - but they certainly have a mischievous side to them too - and it was fun to add in some of Mo's Doggone Sweet Elements  (which include the sentiment and 5 puppy toys). What new puppy owner has NOT been presented with a chewed up shoe, or sock - LOL.

The chipboard leaves are from Make it Crafty.

Copics Used - Y26, Y23, Y21, R20, R01, T8, T4, W5, W2, W00, 100, C10, C8, C6, C5, C3, B16, B12, B00, B000, B0000, E43, E42, E40, E19, E18, E15, E13


7 comments:

Julie said...

That is so sweet!

Hugs,
Julie

heidy said...

Oh what a cutie Debbie!!
XXX Heidy

Jane said...

Such a sweet story to go with an adorable card Debs - love it.
Hugs
Jane

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

awww that is one sad looking poppy! the yellows look fantastic and the stippled background is a great touch!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lau W said...

Oh what a cuuuute card !
xxx

Lynda said...

The sentiment says it all Debbie....the awwwwwwww factor is ramped upto 11!!! Love the stippled blue background too. Delish!! ooxx